Because of various health conditions, we have to limit sugar and gluten exposure at our house. But we never want to miss chocolate cake day! Here is a recipe for chocolate cake and chocolate frosting with no extra fat or sugar.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ to 1 cup zero calorie sweetener (e.g. Truvia or Splenda) or brown sugar blend (e.g. Truvia or Splenda Brown sugar blend)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then combine in the electric mixer until fully combined. Bake at 350•F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1- 8oz. package fat free or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ -1 cup zero calorie sweetener (start low and add more to your taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
When cream cheese is soft, beat with electric mixer until it started to get a fluffy texture. Add sugar and vanilla and beat slowly at first, moving to medium-high speed. Add cocoa powder the same way. Refrigerate until cake is cool.