Back to school time, whether at a traditional school coming off a long summer break or a home-schooler returning from a vacation, can be a time of strife and chaos as everyone tries to get back into the “normal” routine. As with most times of change, a combination of organization and flexibility are key. Here are some of my favorite back-to-school tips:
- Homeschool – Here is a collection of home school tips and organizational ideas that have worked well for my family. Some of these are home-school specific, but many can be used by families no matter how you decide to educate your kids.
- School Supply Stock-Up – A list of school supplies to stock up on whenever they are on sale
- Back-to-School Schedule – Tips for getting your kids back onto a school (and not a vacation) clock
- Back-to-School Trial Run – Making a day to “practice” going to school
- Morning Cards – A simple system for taking the chaos out of busy mornings
- Packing Lunches – Tips for setting up an easy-to-use, kid friendly lunch packing station
- Lunch Notes – Cute notes to put into your kids lunches
- Must-Have School Items – A list of must haves
- Color-Coded Family – How to organized your family through color – even in their school supplies!
- Family Calendar – A must-have for busy families
- Monday Morning Organization – Start your week off right with these tips for Mondays
Even though we don’t actually go back to school at this time of year anymore it is still one of my favorite times. My husband is a teacher so he does go back at this time of year, and it is always a time of transition from summer to a fall schedule. This is my “New Years”! We set goals for the next 12 months, stock up on school supplies (the only kind of shopping I actually like), and in general use this as a time to re-set the family.