One of our historically favorite desserts for parties and potluck dinners is Oreo Delight. This rich dessert is based on the Oreo cookie and takes flavors from the cookie to form its layers. It is simple to make and always a crowd pleaser.
Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 4 hours 40 minutes (including refrigeration)
- 1 package Oreo Double Stuffed cookies, finely crushed
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed* (you will not need the whole 2 tubs)
- 3 ¼ cups plus 2 Tbsp. cold milk
- 2 packages (4 serving size) Chocolate instant pudding*
- *sugar free varieties can be use with no change in the appearance or flavor
- Mix crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gently fold in 1 ¼ cups of the Cool Whip. Spread the mixture over the crust. Refrigerate while you complete the next step.
- Pour 3 ¼ cups milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate 5 minutes until thickened.
- Drop Cool Whip on the top and spread. Cover the whole top with a layer of Cool Whip. Use as much or as little Cool Whip on the top as you like. I usually use about 12 oz.
- Refrigerate 4 hours. Cut into 24 squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Makes 24 servings, 1 square each (We usually cut them into 15 servings per 9×13 pan)