I have been experimenting with frosting recipes for 10 years. You name it, I have tried it in frosting. But I have finally stumbled upon what my family calls the best frosting ever – Almond Cream Cheese frosting. This simple frosting can be used on cinnamon rolls, chocolate cakes, orange cupcakes, and just about any other cake or pastry.
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Beat cream cheese and butter with a paddle beater until combined. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until combined. Add vanilla and almond. Switch to whisking attachment and beat until light and fluffy 2-4 minutes.
This recipe makes enough for a cake or a batch of cinnamon rolls. It smells like heaven!