I love being able to create something totally personal for someone. Canvas glue art is one of my favorite projects. Here is another great canvas project!
- Bible verse or favorite saying
- Canvas (your choice of size, just make sure your saying or verse will fit on it)
- Stickers in various fonts and designs to use to write out your saying. I have found that foam stickers are a great option because they are really easy to remove and very budget friendly when you buy in bulk.
- Spray paint in 1-2 colors
- (Optional) Spray paint your entire canvas one color in a well-ventilated area. This will be the color that you words are in. I usually leave mine white, but you can use and color. Allow this to dry completely for 24 hours.
- Lay our your saying in stickers on your canvas. DO NOT adhere stickers yet! This is a dry-fit to work out your fonts and layout.
- Stick the stickers to the canvas. Be sure to press all sides securely down. Don’t press so hard that you stretch or dent the canvas.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray the entire canvas with your paint choice. This will be the top color.
- After 1-3 hours (depending on your paint) when the paint is dry to the touch remove stickers. Tweezers and an Exact-o knife are helpful for this. Foam stickers come off easily with hands or a pinch of the tweezers. Flat stickers may need to have the edge of a knife run under them to start them peeling. Be careful not to damage your paint.
- Allow the project to dry for 24-48 hours (as paint recommends).
- Cover with a clear-coat sealant and let dry.