The toothbrush is one of my favorite tools. Whether re-using one that has worn out (you should change your toothbrush every 3 months, or after being sick) or keeping inexpensive (dollar store) toothbrushes around for other things, I love using toothbrushes in non-traditional ways! Here are some great ways to use toothbrushes!
- Cleaning brush – This is especially great for a worn-out toothbrush. Use them to get into small areas and really scrub things clean. Just remember to mark anything that isn’t for use in mouths or that you use with chemicals. Great for grout and corners.
- Cleaning corn – Use a new toothbrush to clean all the little hairs off of corn on the cob. Much cheaper than a veggie brush and works better!
- Painting – Let kids use a toothbrush to try all kinds of fun things with paint. Or use a toothbrush to help you distress a painted piece by adding flecks. Dip brush in paint and rub a finger over the bristles.
- Laundry – Use a toothbrush as a laundry brush to help scrub stubborn stains out.
- Jewelry – Use a toothbrush with this homemade jewelry cleaner to keep all your jewelry sparkling.
Do you have a tip for alternate uses for a toothbrush? Share it in the comments or Submit Your Tip!